Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Moist Banana Bars Recipe



I had some ripe bananas yesterday, so I thought about making some Banana Bars. After looking at the recipe that called for 2 cups of sugar I knew that will be too much sugar for me . So I went ahead and read about baking formulas and ingredient percentage in cakes before going ahead and reducing the sugar, because I didn't want to affect the overall cake texture. So I safely removed 1/2 cup of sugar and the recipe till turned out really delicious, moist and tender.




Ingredients

makes a 10x15 baking dish

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar ( original recipe called for 2 cups)
3 eggs
1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
Dash salt


Directions


Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, bananas and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until blended.

Source: Taste of Home









No comments:

Post a Comment

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://lovecookandeat.com
and update your bookmarks.