Sunday, May 8, 2011

Classic Tiramisu Recipe



This is one of my favorite desserts, and in the past I have tried different recipes that I did not really like . After reading about 10 recipes,I didn't find what I wanted completely out of one recipe. I knew I wanted to use mascarpone ( sweet Italian cream cheese) and not cream cheese , I knew that I wanted to use egg yolks because one of my favorite tiramisu is that of  Olive Garden and I know they use egg yolks in their recipe. So I ended up making my own recipe and it ended to be very delicious . You should try this one out.

Ingredients:

This yields 8x8 square pan

3 egg yolks
3/4 cup sugar
2 tbs milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
8 oz mascarpone cheese
1 tsp vanilla
30 lady fingers ( the lady fingers I used were the cake lady fingers not the cookie kind)
1 1/2 cups of cold strong brewed coffee or esspresso
cocoa powder

Directions:

In a pot filled half way with water, bring water to boil reduce heat and simmer water.
place a stainless steel bowl on top and don't let the bottom of the bowl touch the water.
In the bowl , whisk egg yolks, sugar and milk for about 8 mins. Mixture will be pale yellow.
*** If you are using pasteurized liquid eggs you can skip the double boiler method. This is just used to avoid consuming raw eggs).
Take eggs mixture off heat and let it cool in fridge for 10 mins.
Add Mascapone cheese to the bowl and whisk until well combined.
Combine heavy whipping cream and vanilla and whip on high speed until soft peaks forms.
Now add whipped cream to egg and cheese mixture one big spoon at a time and gently fold. keep folding until all whipped cream is added and gently folded in egg and cheese mixture.
  Let mixture cool in fridge for 30 mins.
Bew strong coffee and let it cool too.
After coffee cools and mixture has cooled in fridge for 30 mins. Start dipping your lady fingers on both sides in coffee and place in pan. Then top with a layer of  filling , then a layer of dipped lady fingers , followed by a layer of filling and then dust with cocoa powder. Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.








No comments:

Post a Comment

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://lovecookandeat.com
and update your bookmarks.