Monday, May 2, 2011

Homemade Marinara Sauce Recipe


I rarely buy marinara sauce in jars. I usually make my own. Below is the recipe for the marinara sauce that I used for the Three Cheese Baked Ziti.

Ingredients:

2 cans 14 oz diced tomatoes
1 8oz tomato paste
2 1/2 tbs olive oil
1/2 cup diced onion
3 cloves garlic minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning


Directions:

Drain the diced tomatoes and keep their water.
In food processor, Crush the tomatoes along  with the tomato paste.
Over medium heat, saute onions in olive oil for 2 mins. Add garlic and saute for about 30 secs. Add the tomato mixture with all the spices and 1/2 a cup of the reserved tomato water . Bring to Boil , Cover and simmer for 10 mins.

Yields about 3 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://lovecookandeat.com
and update your bookmarks.