Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Homemade Burger Buns Recipe and Lebanes Style Burgers



I've been craving  Lebanese style hamburgers. They usually come in buns like these not sweet like the usual hamburger bun with a coleslaw, pickles, fries, ketchup all inside the bun. Since I usually buy Kaiser rolls when I want to make these burgers , I looked for a Kaiser roll recipe to use for the Bun. The recipe actually yields 16 rolls  but I divided mine to 8 Rolls because I wanted the buns to be huge. ) You can tell I was really craving these burgers :) The buns are soft and fluffy inside, if you eat them while fresh from the oven, it will have a crust or you can cover them and wait until they are all soft. I will also include the recipe Lebanese style patties.



Directions
  • In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water. Add 1 tablespoon sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the oil, salt, remaining warm water and sugar and 4 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
  • Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
  • Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 16 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
  • whisk egg with milk to make egg wash.
  • Brush the rolls with egg wash and sprinkle sesame seeds.
  • Bake in a 400 degree oven, for 20 mins.

Source: Taste of Home


    Lebanese Style Patties:
    1 1/2 ground beef
    1//4 cup bread crumbs
    1/4 cup ketchup
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp all spice
    1/4 tsp ground cloves
    Mix all ingredients together , form about 6 to 8 Patties depending on your preference of thickness and grill.
    I usually empty the pockets of the buns, put coleslaw ( just shredded cabbage plus Mayo) pickles, Ketchup and fries.
      *** You can use the bread you take of from the bun to make bread crumbs , by toasting it and put it in the food processor.

    1 comment:

    1. You made me crave burgers although I just finished my dinners.

      ReplyDelete

    My blog has moved!

    You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
    http://lovecookandeat.com
    and update your bookmarks.