Friday, June 3, 2011

Arugala Salad with Yogurt Dressing سلطة الجرجير أو الروكا باللبن


During my visit to Lebanon, my cousin took us to a restaurant that had a fabulous interior design as well as delicious food.  One of the appetizers we had was an arugula salad with yogurt dressing. That was the first time I even hear about, but since it was sooooo good I had to try and make it. Serves this with soft or toasted pita wedges.

Ingredients:

2 cups arugula leaves ( I used baby arugula)
1/2 cup yogurt ( try to find a middle eastern yogurt if you couldn't use Greek yogurt)
1 tbs fresh lemon juice
1 large garlic clove minced
3 tbs water
1/2 tbs olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper


Directions:

Mix all ingredients except Arugula until well combined.
It  is better to chill the dressing for at least 15 mins so the garlic flavor comes through.
Drizzle dressing over arugula and sprinkle with sumac ( optional).


1 comment:

  1. I made this salad tonight and I loved it

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://lovecookandeat.com
and update your bookmarks.