Monday, April 25, 2011

Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe


My son who is 2 years old has been really a picky eater lately especially at breakfast. So I thought about making pancakes because I haven't made them in a while now. The original recipe called for sour cream,but since  I don't have any I tweaked it a little bit and it turned out great.The tanginess from the buttermilk against the sweet syrup was soo good, and my son ate three YEEEY :)

Ingredients:

2 cups all purpose flour
2 tbs sugar
1/2 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
2 cups butter milk ( I used the powder one since I think its more convenient to have because I don't use butter milk that often)
4 tbs melted butter and slightly cooled
2 eggs
butter or oil for pan coating

Directions:

Whisk all liquid ingredients together ( buttermilk,eggs and melted butter)
In another bowl whisk dry Ingredients ( flour,baking powder,sugar and salt)
Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and whisk them, until all ingredients are well mixed.
**Avoid over mixing the batter or pancakes won't be as tender.
Let the batter rest for 10 mins ( don't skip this step or your pancakes won't be as fluffy)
I used my electric griddle heated to 350 degrees and coated it with a tbs of butter. You can also use a pan heated over medium heat.
I used a 1/4 measuring cup to portion my batter.
Cook the pancakes until the edges are set and bottom is golden brown , flip and cook on the second side until golden brown too.
If you are not serving immediately transfer to oven that is heated to 200 degrees.

Makes 13 pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://lovecookandeat.com
and update your bookmarks.